Hello again. We have joined forces with the mate-compiz team and adopted the new name, Compiz Reloaded. We’ve also moved to github and Compiz 0.8.12 is ready. Here is the changelog:
– Add font family configuration for plugins that draw text such as Group/Tab, Scale Window Title Filter and Workspace Names plugins
– Lessen probability of “white glitches” that happen on resize using gtk-window-decorator and emerald
– gtk-window-decorator, emerald, ccsm, simple-ccsm and fusion-icon support both gtk2 and gtk3
– Fix right click near top edge of maximized windows in gtk-window-decorator and emerald
– Add an option to emerald-theme-manager to disable shading when titlebar is scrolled
– Rename plugins-unsupported to plugins-experimental and add many more plugins
– Change minimum and default amount of waves to 0 for Magic Lamp animation
– Add support for a Super Maximize button in emerald (toggles fullscreen)
– Various fixes for ccsm, simple-ccsm and fusion-icon
– Address vs problem more fully
– Increase maximum Mipmap LOD for Blur plugin
– Move Desktop Wall plugin to core
– Lots of additional Mate support
– Fix crash related to animations
– Fix memory leaks in emerald
The packages can be found here.
There is a script used to install the compiz suite. To use it:
Step 1) – Install Xubuntu 15.10 or your variant of debian-based Linux distribution with sudo installed.
Step 2) – Install git
$ sudo apt-get install git
Step 3) – Download the build script set. Optionally omit -b release-0.8.12 to build latest compiz-reloaded master
$ git clone git://northfield.ws/compiz/scripts -b release-0.8.12
Step 4) – Run the INSTALL script
Step 5) – Start ccsm by typing ccsm in the terminal and verify it runs
Step 6) – Enable basic plugins such as Window Decoration, Move Window, Place Window, Resize Window and maybe Wobbly so you know it’s working
Step 7) – Start compiz with
$ compiz --replace ccp
Step 8) – Start a compiz window decorator
$ gtk-window-decorator --replace
If everything is working, then congratulations! You can add ‘gtk-window-decorator’ (without quotes) to ccsm>Effects>Window Decoration>Command field so gtk-window-decorator starts when compiz does. If not, you can ask in #compiz or #compiz-reloaded on chat.freenode.net. Enjoy!
AUDIENCE: This information is targeted toward those familiar with Linux distributions and FOSS.
INFORMATION: The script set includes an uninstall script used to remove everything. Run ./scripts/uninstall to use it.
WARNING: This software and other 0.8.x versions may conflict with any 0.9.x compiz, ccsm, emerald or other compiz 0.9.x components.
DISCLAIMER: Not responsible for unhappy camping, confused vulkans or exploding pixels.